Special ticketing guidelines for Sri Lanka
Latest update: 16 May 2019 16:00 HKT (GMT+8)
Due to the recent incident in Sri Lanka, with immediate effect, rebooking and rerouting charges will be waived for all tickets issued worldwide (irrespective of fare type) on/before 21 April 2019 for travel with Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon confirmed booking arriving to and departing from Colombo between 21 April 2019 and 31 May 2019.
1. Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon tickets
a. Cancellation and Refund
- Waive on cancellation and refund charges.
- No show passenger is not eligible for the waiver.
- For all tickets include non-refundable tickets.
b. Rebooking/ rerouting
Rebooking/ rerouting charges will be waived on conditions that:
- Such requests are made on/before 31 May 2019 and before departure, for travel with Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon confirmed booking arriving to and departing from Colombo between 21 April 2019 and 31 May 2019
No-show passengers are not eligible for the waiver.
- Revised (NEW) travel date must be on/before 10 July 2019 and subject to flight availability.
In which case, the ticket expiry date will be adjusted accordingly.
- The newly rebooked sector must observe and conform to the conditions of the respective fare rule, e.g. blackout dates, flight application, weekend/weekday travel, stopover charges and applicable seasonality by collecting additional/refunding difference (if any) as appropriate.
- Reissuance charges will only be waived due to the expiry of the original ticket
- Rerouting to/from/via Cathay Pacific/ Cathay Dragon online cities
And subject to flight availability and fare/tax difference.
c. Group Tickets
- Please refer to your local travel agent.
2. Asia Miles airline award tickets
For further details: