15 Jan 2013
Celebrate with five-day fare sale and double Asia Miles
January 15, 2013 (San Francisco, CA) – Following the launch of its Premium Economy class in 2012, Cathay Pacific Airways, the home carrier of Hong Kong recognized around the globe for its amenities and service excellence, is pleased to announce the availability of Premium Economy in all four US gateways (Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco), with the fourth and final port – Chicago – gaining the extra cabin class on all flights beginning February 1, 2013.
To celebrate, Cathay Pacific is offering a five-day sale: Premium Economy tickets from the US to Hong Kong purchased from January 18 - 22, 2013 will be on sale for just $1629 – including all taxes and fuel surcharges – for travel in March.
In addition, from now through April 30, passengers who simply register and fly on Premium Economy Class will earn double Asia Miles. That means just one roundtrip flight will earn over 30,000 miles – enough to redeem a side trip to Bangkok, Singapore, or even Bali. For registration & details, visit http://bit.ly/TJIhIb.
The new Premium Economy experience features a quieter, more spacious cabin than the traditional Economy Class, with between 26 and 34 seats per aircraft. The seat pitch is 38 inches – six inches more than Economy Class – and the seat itself is wider and has a bigger recline. It features a large meal table, cocktail table, footrest, a 10.6-inch personal television, an in-seat power outlet, a multi-port connector for personal devices and extra personal stowage space.
Complementing these features, passengers also benefit from:
On the ground:
· Priority check-in at dedicated counters and priority boarding before Economy Class passengers.
· An increase in baggage allowance from 20kg to 25kg (weight system) or two pieces of baggage from 23kg to 25kg each (piece system).
In the air:
· Premium Economy Class seats offer a higher level of comfort with more living space in a separate cabin before the Economy Class zone.
· Passengers receive an environmentally friendly amenity kit with dental kit, socks, eyeshade and earplugs for use during their journey.
· Larger pillows and noise-cancelling headsets to enhance the onboard experience.
· Premium Economy passengers are welcomed aboard with juice and champagne and enjoy an enhanced onboard meal selection.
· Each passenger also receives a personal bottle of water and additional snack choices to include more fresh fruit, an energy bar and dessert.
For full terms and conditions on the fare sale, please visit www.cathaypacific.com/us.
About Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific Airways flies daily to Hong Kong and beyond from Los Angeles, New York JFK, San Francisco and Chicago. Cathay Pacific was recently awarded the World’s Best Business Class in the annual Skytrax World Airline Awards™. More information, including current fares and availability, may be found by visiting the airline’s website at cathaypacific.com/us or Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cathaypacificus.