Location : Newark, New Jersey
Reports To : Airport Services Manager, Newark
· Manage overall daily functions through effective advance planning and allocation of manpower and resources.
· Leading Cathay Pacific team members & Handling agents as well as interacting with clients to ensure delivery of a consistent world class customer service experience.
· Lead and manage the team on a day-to-day basis to ensure that overall operations run smoothly, efficiently and conform to safety and security requirements and Company standards.
· Support the Airport Services Manager in providing training and development opportunities for the team through role modeling, mentoring, monitoring and on-the-job coaching.
· Ensure to evaluate cost implications and balance with quality when making day-to-day operational decisions.
· Proactively prevent and manage flight disruptions and irregularities of varying scale.
· Lead Cathay Pacific team and Handling Agents and work with team members of Oneworld partners to ensure consistent delivery of Oneworld benefits provided to both Cathay Pacific and Oneworld customers.
· Represent the Airport Services Manager by participating in airport-related activities; create and maintain good rapport with key stake holders such as airport authorities, government agencies, suppliers, and relevant Cathay Pacific offices.
· Lead and support the Cathay Pacific team members and Handling Agents in effective change management and the relentless pursuit of continuous improvement.
· Minimum 5 years of international airlines airport operational / management experience.
· Full technical knowledge and capability to perform each airport job function(s)
· Excellent leadership skills in leading and developing a team.
· Good management perspective, commercial and financial awareness.
· Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent planning, organizing, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
· Capable to plan for, manage and handle irregular operations of varying scale.
· Ability to handle extremely stressful situations with calm and composure.
· Ability to be creative and innovative for continuous improvement.
· Ability to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends.
· Candidate MUST have the permanent legal right to live and work in USA
Email application to email@example.com or fax to 415-848-2049.
We thank all candidates, however, only those who are short listed will be contacted.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is an equal opportunity employer.