Location : Los Angeles, California
Reports To : Airport Services Manager, LAX
· To handle full range of airport customer service duties with supervisory responsibilities in all areas
· To oversee the performance of Handling Agents to ensure that they deliver services and products at Company’s required standard.
· Ensure GHA has assigned trained, qualified and sufficient staff to run the days operation. Evaluating and planning each day’s flight and then briefing both GHA & CX supervisors and agents on routine and special assignments for the daily flight.
· Action any telex, sita, email messages from corporate.
· Ensure GHA perform flight assignments according to Company standards. Taking into consideration of OTP, Reflex, Baggage loading, interline tracking and safety compliance.
· Be as visible as possible to set the image as a role model. Interact with both the daily team and passengers to provide the appropriate support on any flight, work environment or personnel issue.
· Create a positive environment by recognizing tasks well done and starts of the day. Keeping all staff informed of latest flight developments and or changes. To foster teamwork and a sense of belonging and importance to everyone through friendly competition.
· Perform a ramp inspection to include a check on baggage, loading procedures and plans, status of interline bags and cargo loads. Spend time on planning and arranging for interline bag problems and issues. Check on GHA cleaning status to ensure the aircraft is being cleaned and supplies restored to Company standards.
· To manage difficult situations and oversee, coordinate irregular operations.
· Meet with Inflight Services and flight operations crew and give a quick briefing of the days flight and any issues or notices from corporate.
· Dispatch flights and review the day’s operation with all staff.
· Handle miscellaneous administrative assignments and assist Airport Services Manager and Manager On Duty with any special projects.
· To assist the Airport Services Manager & Manager On Duty to develop and manage a staff of employees.
· To seek opportunities to enhance the processes of operations, customer services and administration at the airport.
· To lead Cathay Pacific team to ensure consistent delivery of Oneworld benefits provided to both Cathay Pacific and oneworld customers.
· To ensure to evaluate cost implication when making day-to-day operational decisions.
· Previous international airline airport operational supervisory/management experience.
· Strong leadership quality with hands-on supervisory style
· Good administration skills
· Ability to handle extremely pressurized and stressful situations with calm & composure.
· Excellent interpersonal & communications skills
· Good planning, organizing and decision-making capabilities.
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Email application to email@example.com or fax to 415-848-2049.
We thank all candidates, however, only those who are short listed will be contacted.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is an equal opportunity employer.