Location : Los Angeles, California
Reports To : Engineering Manager, LAX
· Perform transit inspection and daily inspection of company aircraft, with the assistance of Contract Mechanics.
· Perform rectification of airframe, engines, avionics and cabin systems defects on company aircraft, with the assistance of Contract Mechanics.
· Issue Certificate of Release to Service for the aircraft to continue to operate.
· Perform troubleshooting on recurring defects to assist Head office engineering to rectify these defects at main base.
· Supervise Contract Mechanics in the performance of their tasks on company aircraft.
· Ensure all safety guidelines and procedures are followed at all times.
· Supervision and certification of all maintenance tasks on all company aircraft undergoing Long-Term Storage in Marana Station.
· Perform data entry for all work done on company aircraft during shift.
· Assist in the periodic training of Contract Mechanics.
· Perform maintenance and update of technical library, tooling and special equipment.
· Perform requisitions of replacement aircraft spares, inspect incoming spares, pack and ship used spares, dispatch used spares to Head office, and complete all documentation associated with the usage of and replenishment of aircraft spares and materials.
· Perform relief engineer duties at other North America stations or other overseas stations when required.
· Perform any other tasks as required by the Engineering Manager.
· Shift duties required at nights, weekends and public holidays.
· Flexible shift hours required to accommodate Operation requirements and schedules.
· Holder of HK CAD HKAR66 B1.1 license.
· Must have type endorsements or hold Approvals on B777-300ER/GE90 and B747-400F/RB-211/PW4000. Approvals on B747-400F/CF6-80 and 748F would be an added advantage.
· Superior independent work capabilities.
· Ability to handle extremely stressful situations
· Good knowledge of PC.
· Applicants with permanent legal right to live and work in USA will be preferred.
The successful applicant will initially be based in Marana, AZ, up to September 1, 2015, or until the last Cathay Pacific aircraft in Marana is disposed of. After which, the successful applicant will then join the Cathay Pacific Engineering team in Los Angeles.
Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-848-2049.
We thank all candidates, however, only those who are short listed will be contacted.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is an equal opportunity employer.