Special Ticketing Guidelines for Bangkok for Tickets Issued from Countries/Regions Other than Hong Kong
Last updated: 26 Feb 2014
Due to the special situation in Bangkok, with immediate effect, rebooking charges will be waived for all tickets issued worldwide (irrespective of fare type) on/before 21 January 2014 for travel with Cathay Pacific/Dragonair confirmed booking involving Bangkok between 26 February 2014 and 30 April 2014.
1. Cathay Pacific/Dragonair tickets
a. Cancellation, Refund and Rerouting
- No waiver on Cancellation Refund or Rerouting Charges.
- Rebooking charges will be waived on condition that:
- Such requests are made on/before 30 April 2014 and before departure for travel with Cathay Pacific/Dragonair confirmed booking involving Bangkok between 26 February 2014 and 30 April 2014.
- No-show passenger is not eligible for the waiver.
- Revised (new) travel date must be on/before 10 May 2014 and subject to flight availability. In which case, the ticket expiry date will be adjusted accordingly.
- The newly rebooked sector must observe and conform to the conditions of the respective fare rule, e.g. black out dates, flight application, weekend/weekday travel, stopover charges, and applicable seasonalities by collecting additional/refunding difference (if any) as appropriate.
- Re-issuance charges will only be waived due to the expiry of the original ticket.
c. Group Tickets
- Please refer to your local travel agent.
2. Asia Miles airline award tickets
For further details:
- Please regularly check the Asia Miles website.
- You can also contact The Marco Polo Club at (+852) 2747 5500 or Asia Miles Service Hotline at (+852) 2747 3838.
- For further details, please refer to Asia Miles Terms and Conditions at Asia Miles Airline Award Redemption – General Conditions.