About ticketing/refund service charge
Last updated: 18 May 2015
Cathay Pacific will collect the ticketing/refund service charge of JPY 3,000 (Japan consumption tax inclusive) for any ticket issued, reissued and refunded at our Centralised Reservations & Ticketing office and our airport ticketing counters in Japan with the exception of New Chitose Airport and Naha Airport where our handling agency Japan Airlines charges JPY5,400 as their ticketing service charge. If the cancellation charge for your ticket is higher than the refund service charge (JPY3000), only the cancellation charge will be collected.
We will NOT collect any ticketing charge when we issue a new ticket. However, we will collect a ticketing service charge of 5,400 at New Chitose Airport and Naha Airport on a new ticket issuance, in order to comply with the policy of Japan Airlines, our handling agency there.
The ticketing service charge is not applicable to:
- New tickets issued at our Centralised Reservations and Ticketing office or our airport ticketing counters in Japan (except for New Chitose Airport and Naha Airport)
- Tickets issued through Cathay Pacific Airways website
- Involuntary ticket re-issuance
The ticketing service charge is applicable to:
- Any transaction that involves a re-issuance and refund of a ticket at our Central ised Reservations and Ticketing office or airport ticketing counters in Japan.
- Ticketing/refund service charge will be collected per ticket (i.e. when purchasing or refunding multiple number of tickets at the same time, the ticketing/refund service charge will be collected for each ticket). If the cancellation charge for your ticket is higher than the refund service charge (JPY3000), only the cancellation charge will be collected.
- The same amount of JPY3,000 (JPY5,400 at New Chitose Airprot and Naha Airport) will be collected for any child and/or infant tickets.
- The ticketing/refund service charge is non-refundable
- Voluntary re-issuance of the ticket due to any change in the ticket. Voluntary ticket re-issuance means to issue a new ticket against the original ticket which involves a difference in one or all of the fare, taxes, fees, charges , itinerary change, validity change, name correction etc. but not limited to these examples as other reasons may occur where a ticket re-issuance is necessary.