Non Critical Medical Portable Electronic Device (e.g. CPAP machine, nebulisers, neurostimulators, HR/BP monitors, syringe/feeding pumps, suction devices and aspirators)
- All non critical medical portable electronic devices can either be connected to the inflight laptop power 110Vac outlets (where available) or be self powered using approved dry-cell or gel-type battery packs in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Maximum power output from the inflight laptop power is 100Watts and, if your device draws more than this, the inflight laptop power outlet will be automatically deactivated. We cannot guarantee that every aircraft is equipped with the inflight laptop power 110Vac outlet OR that any of the inflight laptop power 110Vac outlets will be serviceable and therefore we recommend that you bring a sufficient number of fully charged batteries for the intended duration of use. For further information on Inflight Laptop Power, pls refer here.
- For self powered devices any additional batteries carried onboard must be packed in accordance with the relevant authority regulations and requirements for safety, security and hazardous material. Please see here for further information.
- Please note that Cathay Pacific Airways is not responsible for any injury or subsequent breakdown or operational failure of any medical equipment owned, supplied or used by passengers on our aircraft.
- Please note that aircraft in-seat electrical power is not guaranteed to be available or operative on all flights. Cathay Pacific Airlines is not liable for any injury or harm to the passenger caused by a passenger attempting to use the power supplies for medical portable electronic devices or by the failure of onboard power supplies. Passengers use power supplies at their own risk.
Critical Medical Portable Electronic Device (e.g. POC, Ventilators, Respirators, Incubators and Defibrillators)
- All critical medical portable electronic devices must be self-powered using approved/original battery packs.
- Passengers must provide an adequate number of fully charged batteries for the intended period of use inflight. For devices to be used continuously, it is required that passengers bring batteries sufficient to power the device for at least 150% of the expected maximum flight duration. Please contact the local Reservations office regarding the expected flight duration.
- Spare batteries will not be supplied by Cathay Pacific.
- All batteries carried onboard must be packed in accordance with the relevant authority regulations and requirements for safety, security and hazardous material. Please see here for further information.
- These critical medical devices and battery pack(s) must never be charged using the aircraft power supply.
- Please note that for safety reasons, passengers will not be permitted to connect any critical medical portable electronic devices such as POC, Ventilator, Respirator, Incubator or Defibrillator to the inflight laptop power and must instead supply their own power in accordance with all applicable regulations.