- Children from 3 months of age up to their 6th birthday are not permitted to travel unless they are accompanied by a person of 18 years of age or above
- Children aged 6 to under 12 years, travelling alone, must be registered as Unaccompanied Minors unless they are travelling together with a person of 18 years of age or above
- Children aged 12 to under 18 years can travel as Unaccompanied Minors* only at the request of their parent or guardian. If no request is made, there will not be any special arrangements.
*Fees and service charges apply
Arrangements and services for Unaccompanied Minors must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- Cathay Pacific will not accept Unaccompanied Minors with any itineraries that involve a transfer exceeding 5 hours; and connecting flights must be arriving / departing from the same airport
- Unaccompanied Minor may check in earlier; however Cathay Pacific will not assume responsibility of the minor until 90 minutes prior departure.
Cost of service
Special booking fees and surcharges will be applied, by sector basis:
- Between Hong Kong and all destinations in Africa, Europe, Middle East, North America, South Asia Subcontinent and Southwest Pacific: HKD500 / USD64
- Between Bangkok and Dubai: HKD500 / USD64
- Other routes: HKD200 / USD26.
Not all flights are eligible to accept Unaccompanied Minors. Please check with local Reservations Office for availability of UM service and ticket purchase. Booking cannot be completed online. We are sorry we can’t accept a child travelling alone unless they are registered for this service in advance.
Things for the parent/guardian to note
Parent/Guardian is required to remain at the airport and stay contactable until the flight is airborne
- In the event of a delay for more than 60 minutes of scheduled departure time, the parent/guardian will be notified, and in certain circumstances (such as a lengthy delay) this individual may be required to pick up the Unaccompanied Minor at the airport
- Cathay Pacific will care for your child throughout the journey until the child passenger is collected by the nominated adult at the arriving airport. The responsible person meeting the child at the arrival airport must provide proof of identification before your child is handed over
+ Please be advised that any personal food items brought on board for consumption should not require reheating nor chilling. For hygiene reasons, our crew will not be able to re-heat nor chill food items brought on board by passengers.