All passengers and their travel companions on Cathay Pacific and Dragonair flights who have checked in online for flights departing from Adelaide, Amsterdam, Auckland, Bahrain, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Boston, Brisbane, Cairns, Cebu, Chiangmai, Chicago, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Fukuoka, Guangzhou, Haikou, Wenzhou, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Kaohsiung, Kuala Lumpur, London, Los Angeles, Manchester, Manila, Melbourne, Milan, Nagoya, New York, Okinawa, Osaka, Paris, Penang, Perth, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Rome, San Francisco, Sapporo, Seoul, Shanghai (Hongqiao), Shanghai (Pudong), Singapore, Sydney, Taipei, Taichung, Tokyo, Toronto, Vancouver, including those transiting in Hong Kong, can print a boarding pass online.
If you are travelling from New York to Hong Kong with an onward connection to Beijing, you can print your Boarding Pass online.
Passengers with onward connecting flights from airports other than Hong Kong will not be allowed to print their own boarding pass. We are progressively enabling this feature to flights departing from other ports.
- If you are travelling from Hong Kong to Taipei with an onward connection to Tokyo, you cannot print your Boarding Pass online.
- If you are travelling from Hong Kong to Taipei and return to Hong Kong on the same day or within 24 hours, you cannot print your Boarding Pass online.
Please note that the following passengers can check in online but cannot print their own Boarding Pass:
- Passengers who have purchased tickets with fares applicable for infant
- Passengers who have purchased air tickets in conjunction with ferry tickets
- Passengers travelling on CX745 from Hong Kong to Dubai/Jeddah
Passengers travelling to or from Chicago, Los Angeles, New York or San Francisco can only issue Self-Print Boarding Pass / Mobile Boarding Pass within 24 hours prior to the flight departure.