- A healthy newborn infant is ready to travel with us after the first week of delivery
- The infant must be accompanied by a parent / guardian
- Infant fare will be charged when an infant travels with a parent / guardian and the infant does not occupy a seat
- The infant passenger must be under 24 months throughout the whole journey. If the infant turns two years old before the return trip, applicable child's fare, tax, fee and charges apply.
- A maximum of two infants can be accepted for travel with each parent / guardian under the following conditions:
- One of the two infants must reach 6 months old and occupy an infant car safety seat. The applicable child fare will be charged
- The other infant must be secured onto the parent / guardian with a child restraint device. Infant fare will be charged
- The parent / legal guardian / travelling companion should bring their own infant car safety seat which must comply with the Cathay Pacific approved specifications.
- The above conditions are subject to aircraft type. Infant/child car safety seats / CRS / CARES Harness may not be used on some of our aircraft passenger seats due to safety requirements. For further information, please contact our Reservation Office.
An infant, under 24 months, must travel with an adult passenger in the same cabin. An infant ticket, travelling without occupying a seat, must be purchased. Not all adult fare tickets offer infant ticket discount. If your ticket does not offer a discount, the next higher applicable adult ticket fare that offers an infant ticket discount will be used as the base for the discount calculation. The infant ticket is subject to fare rules and conditions.
If passengers’ original departure point is Hong Kong, please contact Global Contact Centre to check the applicable infant fare and make a booking. For passengers departing from places other than Hong Kong, bookings can be made online or through Local reservations offices.