‘Meet Jay Chou’ Terms and Conditions.
Enter for your chance to win 2 tickets to the Opus Jay Worldwide Tour in Sydney AND meet Jay Chou in person!
Book a return flight from Australia to Hong Kong, China or Asia* at www.cathaypacific.com.au between 1 November 2013 and 31 March 2014 and tell us in 25 words or less ‘where you are travelling to and why’, for your chance to WIN 2 tickets to meet Jay Chou and then see him perform live in Sydney on 11th April 2014!
*Japan, Taiwan and Korea
The Prize Details
TWO tickets to the Opus Jay World Tour, Sydney concert PLUS meet Jay Chou in person and have your photo taken with him.
• This prize is only open to Australian residents at least 18 years old.
• Winner is responsible for getting themselves to and from the concert. Any winner residing outside Sydney must make their own way to Sydney.
• The approximate retail value of this prize is AUD$699 per ticket.
How to Enter
Simply book return flights from Australia to Hong Kong, China or Asia* at www.cathaypacific.com.au and tell us in 25 words or less ‘where you are travelling to and why’.
• Entries must be completed and submitted via www.cathaypacific.com.au between 12:01am (AEST) on 1 November 2013 to 11:59pm (AEST) on 31 March 2014.
• The competition judging will take place at 7/10 Spring Street, Sydney, NSW at 10 am (AEST) on 1 April, 2014.
• Winner will be contacted via email and the winner will be announced on www.cathaypacific.com.au on 1 April 2014.
Information on how to enter the Cathay Pacific ‘Meet Jay Chou' contest forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is restricted to Australian residents aged 18 years old or over; Cathay Pacific staff and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- The contest commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 1st November 2013 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 31 March 2014 (Promotion Period).
- To enter, use the contest entry form to tell us in 25 words or less ‘where you are travelling to and why’. All entries must be completed in English.
- Entrants must book and complete return travel on flights operated by Cathay Pacific or Dragonair to China, Asia* or Hong Kong by 31 March 2014.
- Eligible tickets must be return, adult, fares only, departing from Australia and returning to Australia, booked online at www.cathaypacific.com.au. Tickets will be deemed ineligible if booked on other international pages of the Cathay Pacific’s website, via Cathay Pacific’s call centres, or via any other channels.
- The following ticket types and services are not eligible for this promotion: one way tickets; redemption tickets utilising frequent flyer miles; prizewinner, travel industry or airline staff tickets; travel on flights operated by an airline other than Cathay Pacific Airways or Dragonair; travel on codeshare flights.
- The Organizer will have the final discretion as to the total number of prize(s) to be awarded in this Competition.
- The prizes for the Winner (“Prize”) will include:-
a) First prize:-
i. Two (2) tickets to the Sydney show of the Opus Jay World Tour on 11 April 2014.
ii. ‘Meet and greet’ and photo opportunity with Jay Chou.
b) Second prizes:-
i. 5 prizes to be awarded of 1 signed photograph and 1signed CD of Opus 12, Jay Chou’s album released in 2013.
- The concert tickets are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize;
a) An opportunity to ‘meet Jay Chou’. The ‘meet & greet’ awarded as part of the prize provides the winner with an opportunity to meet Jay Chou. The Promoter will not offer any alternative in the event that this element of the prize cannot be offered for any reason;
- To enter, an entrant must, during the Submission Period, visit www.cathaypacific.com.au and submit their Entries with a duly completed entry form. If the Organizer in its sole discretion considers that an Entry submitted by an entrant does not comply with the entry requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions, such Entry will be disqualified and not be considered as an Entry. The Organizer will delete and destroy any disqualified Entries and any Entries of any disqualified persons. The Organizer will not notify any entrants of their disqualified Entry and will not return disqualified Entries to any entrant.
- This contest is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The Organizer will appoint a panel of judges to rate each remaining entry by reference to their creativity, originality and relevance to the theme of the “Where are you travelling to and why?” marketing campaign. The judges' decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging will take place at Cathay Pacific Australia, 7/10 Spring Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia on 1 April 2014. The (“Winners”) of the competition will be notified by telephone on the prize judging date and in writing via email within 2 working days of the draw. If the winner does not reply to the email in the medium nominated within 7 days, their prize will be forfeited and a redraw will take place. The name(s) of the winner will be displayed across Cathay Pacific’s Digital platforms, including but not limited to Facebook and cathaypacific.com.au, once a final winner is identified.
- By entering this contest, the winner thereby agrees that Cathay Pacific may use their written entries, name and/or photos for publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant and/or owner of the photograph. Any such use will be subject at all times to the Privacy Act 1993.
- Without prejudice to any other rights of the Organizer, the Organizer shall, at any stage of the Competition, have the right to disqualify, without notice, any person and his/her Entry(ies) if the Organizer believes that such person does not meet the above eligibility requirements or such person has;
a) breached any of these Terms and Conditions;
b) submitted any invalid, incorrect, inaccurate and/or insufficient information in relation to the Competition; or
c) tampered with or attempted to manipulate the entry process.
- The Organizer accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries. The Organizer does not provide any confidentiality of the Entries, regardless of whether such Entries are published or not or as to the identity of an entrant. An entrant shall be solely responsible for his/her Entries and the consequences of submitting them for the Competition.
- Winner is responsible for travel and transportation to and from the concert. The prize does not include accommodation, travel insurance, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- This prize cannot be sold, transferred or exchanged for cash. The Organizer reserves the right to substitute Prizes of equal or greater value at any time. In the event of this substitution taking place, the Organizer will not be liable for any possible claim arising out of such substitution.
- All entrants acknowledge and agree that proof of dispatch cannot be accepted as proof of delivery or successful transmission of an Entry. The Organizer does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes.
- Cathay Pacific will not be held accountable by any winner for any expense, loss, damage or injury incurred whilst collecting any, any or all of the prize package, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner.
- Cathay Pacific reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition at their discretion.
- Cathay Pacific will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information concerning the competition or for any technical errors that may occur during the administration of the competition.
- For purposes of this Competition, the Organizer needs to collect personal data from the entrant. Failure to provide personal data as requested will result in Organizer being unable to process or accept an Entry. In this respect, each entrant confirms that he/she has read and fully understands the Organizer’s Data Privacy and Security Policy (www.cathaypacific.com) and consents to the Organizer’s use (including any transfer) of such entrant’s personal data for purposes of the Competition and in accordance with such Data Privacy and Security Policy and the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in Hong Kong.
- The Promoter is Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (ABN57000479514) of L7, 10 Spring Street Sydney, NSW 2000, telephone 02 9931 5500.