|A Management Trainee in the Aviation Industry
|The Management Trainee Programme has been in place since 1968. Through this programme, we nurture our next generation of business leaders – the people who will help Cathay Pacific become the world's most admired airline. Many of our current Country Managers and Department Managers are former Management Trainees. This demonstrates the benefits of a long term career partnership. |
|Preparing You For Tomorrow
|Our aim is to groom leaders with all-round general management skills. This three-year programme provides the latest management skills and aviation thinking to prepare you to be an industry leader. |
During the first three months, you will undergo an intensive induction programme covering the principles of management and general orientation of the airline. This will include:
To gain exposure in airline operations, you will be posted to our Airports Department for 8 weeks to serve our customers at the Hong Kong International Airport. This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about customer relations and broaden your understanding of our business.
- Classes in finance, airline operations and information management
- Management workshops in leadership, teamwork and managing change
- Familiarization visits to all areas of our Swire Group operations
- Experience sharing with managers and staff
- Briefings from senior management on business strategy
- Computerised airline business simulation model
- Group projects
|Following the induction, you will embark on a three-year development programme. You will be assigned to each of the following areas for one year, usually as an Assistant to the General Manager:|
Through exposure to different facets of our business – in and out of Hong Kong, you will gain a better understanding of our key operations. These will prove indispensable as you advance towards more senior positions within the Group. As Dragonair is part of the Cathay Pacific Group, Management Trainees may also have the opportunity to be assigned to Dragonair.
- Line function, eg Marketing, Inflight Services, Airline Planning, Revenue Management
- Support function, eg Information Management, Personnel, Financial Services
- Outport posting, ie a posting to an overseas office as the Assistant to the Country Manager or Regional General Manager
Successful applicants will be employed by John Swire & Sons (HK) Limited or John Swire & Sons (China) Limited in their Management Trainee Programme and will be seconded to Cathay Pacific Airways Limited.