Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (CPA) and Members of The Marco Polo Club (Members). These terms and conditions should be read carefully, particularly as they include limitations and exclusions on the liability of CPA.General Conditions
Limitation of Liability
Law and Jurisdiction
Marco PoloClub (The Club) is managed and operated by CPA. The Clubis open to individuals aged 18 or above. Membership is not available to corporations or other legal entities. Membership is accepted at the sole discretion of CPA and upon payment of a joining fee of USD50.
- Members will be issued a membership number and membership card. The use of this number/card and associated benefits is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions and other Club terms and conditions that may be issued from time to time, to the benefit of CPA.
- Membership of
The Cluband membership cards are not transferable and may only be used by the Member. Membership cards remain the property of CPA and must be returned upon request.
- CPA reserves the right to modify
The Clubstructure, benefits or other features including these terms and conditions or to terminate The Clubat any time upon reasonable notice where possible, and CPA will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting therefrom. Any use of The Clubby a Member will be deemed as acceptance of any amendment to these terms and conditions. The Clubmembership joining fee is non-refundable.
- Upon joining or upgrading to a tier within The Club, Members will receive a membership card and baggage tags. When joining, Members can refer to our online membership guide at www.cathaypacific.com, which sets out additional terms and benefits of membership. Gold, Silver and Green members will be charged for the replacement of membership card or baggage tags (online request: USD20 or 2,000 Asia Miles; other non-online channels: USD50 or 5,000 Asia Miles).
- The actual Club miles/sectors earned by a Member are a percentage, based on class flown, of the Great Circle Distance in miles between origin airports and destination airports. For connecting flights that require a change of flight number, the sum of the Great Circle Distance of each segment will form the basis of the Club miles/sectors. There is no minimum Club miles/sectors earned guarantee. Club miles/sectors earned are not affected by complimentary upgrades or involuntary downgrades.
- Members will receive a monthly Club statement via email. Hard copies can be provided for a fee of USD50 or 5,000 Asia Miles.
- The membership guide is incorporated as part of these terms and conditions and is deemed as part of the contract between CPA and a Member
- Members may terminate their membership at any time by giving written notice to CPA and returning their membership card, at which time any outstanding Club miles/sectors will be cancelled.
- CPA may forthwith terminate the membership of a Member and the right of a Member to use his/her membership card and use
The Clubfacilities if a Member commits misconduct or fraud, misuses the Asia Milesprogramme benefits and awards, misuses The Clubof its facilities and services or fails to follow these terms and conditions. In such circumstances, CPA shall simultaneously cancel all Club miles/sectors of the Member.
- CPA may also terminate
The Clubmembership of a Member at its complete discretion and in such circumstances will provide the Member with 3 to 6 months notice of termination. Upon expiry of the notice period, all unused miles/sectors will be cancelled. Without prejudice to the foregoing, CPA may alternatively at its discretion forthwith terminate or suspend a Member’s right to use specified facilities, benefits or services of The Club, with the Member retaining his/her overall membership in The Club.
- Termination of membership for whatever reason shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights and remedies of CPA and the Member as at the date of termination.
- Membership for individuals who remain inactive or fall below the minimum travel criteria as outlined in the membership guide for a membership period of 12 months will be terminated.
- Upon the death of a Member, the membership account will be closed and all outstanding Club miles/sectors will be cancelled.
- The personal data supplied by Members is required for the operation of The Club, delivery of associated benefits and services, ongoing research and programme development and to communicate news and information to Members. Failure by Members to provide or keep required data up to date may result in CPA being unable to provide membership of
The Cluband associated benefits. In such cases, membership may be terminated.
- Members have the right to request to review and correct any personal data held by CPA. In such circumstances Members should complete a Data Access Request Form available from The
Marco PoloClub Service Centre. An administration fee may be charged for the processing of these requests.
- Members are responsible for keeping CPA up to date as to their correct personal details. CPA is not responsible for any loss as a result of a Member's failure to notify of a change in address.
- Members will be issued with a confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN). Members must ensure that this number is not disclosed to any unauthorised parties. CPA cannot be held liable for the consequences of any unauthorised disclosure of the PIN by Members or unauthorised use of the PIN.
- CPA shall not be liable to any Member for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expense of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with
The Cluband/or the use of or the unavailability of facilities of The Cluband/or the provision or the refusal to provide any benefits, whether such loss, damage or expense is caused by negligence or otherwise, and whether CPA have any control over the circumstances giving rise to the claim or not.
- In any event, subject to 1. above and any applicable limitation under the Warsaw Convention or under CPA's conditions of travel, the liability of CPA in contract, tort or otherwise with respect to any claim arising in respect of acts or omissions in operating
The Clubshall be limited to the value of the ticket being used by the Member in connection with which the matter arises or HKD10,000 whichever is greater.
- CPA will endeavour to ensure the availability of services of
The Clubwhen these are provided by partners but will not be liable for any loss arising from the failure by partners to provide such services. Where a Member uses the services provided by partners, the partners' terms and conditions will apply and CPA will not be liable for any loss.
- CPA confirms that it will operate
The Cluband provide The Clubfacilities with reasonable care and skill, however, CPA does not in any way warrant that The Clubfacilities and benefits will always be available and all terms expressed or implied by statute or otherwise on the part of CPA are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The failure by CPA to exercise or enforce any rights herein contained shall not be deemed to be a waiver thereof nor shall it affect CPA's entitlement to take any subsequent action in respect of that right or of any other right.
- Should any provision of these terms and conditions be found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions. All provisions not affected by such invalidity or unenforceability shall remain in full force and effect.
- Members agree to use all Club facilities with all reasonable care and attention, and with due courtesy and respect to CPA staff and other Members.
- These terms and conditions and the relationship between CPA and each Member are governed by Hong Kong law. By using
The Clubeach Member submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.