Portable Electronic Devices
Portable Electronic Devices (PED)
For your safety, the use of certain carry-on portable electronic devices is restricted inflight, as they may interfere with the aircraft systems and must remain off while the aircraft is taxiing, during takeoff, and landing.
Portable electronic devices with their wireless function disabled may be used on board after take-off, when the cabin crew informs you that it is safe to switch them on and may remain on until the seatbelt sign is turned on for landing:
- Computing Devices, such as Laptop, Notebook, Tablet, Hand-held, iPad, eBook, and PDAs
- Computing Peripheral Devices, such as Printers, and Scanners
- Cellular Communications Devices, such as Mobile Phones, and Pagers in “Flight Safe” mode with the Phone and Wi-Fi functions disabled
- Handheld Consoles, such as Games and Toys
- Media Players & Audio Recorders, such as MP3/MP4 Players, DVD/CD Players, Audio Recorders, Audio Headsets, and iPods
- Photographic & Video Equipment, such as Cameras, and Camcorders
- Personal Timing Equipment, such as Watches, and Clocks
- Other Small Electronics Devices, such as Calculator, Electric Shavers, Breast Pump, and Thermometer
Please note that all portable electronic devices may not be plugged into the aircraft's utility electrical power supply outlets. An exception is made for electric shavers which may only be used in the appropriate sockets in the lavatories.
Personal Medical Devices & Instruments, such as Hearing Aids, Electronic Nerve Stimulators, Heart Pacemakers, All Implanted Medical Devices, and Syringe Pumps can be used at all times on board.
If you are planning to use a Medical Portable Electronic Device (M-PED) such as ventilators, respirators or CPAP machines inflight, please see here for detailed information.
Mobile phones must be switched off completely when the cabin doors are closed for departure and must not be turned on again until after landing. The cabin crew will advise you when you may switch them on again. Mobile phones may be used on the ground during transit at any time the cabin doors are open (unless otherwise instructed by cabin crew).
Portable electronic devices that are prohibited from use at all times are:
- Radios & Transmitters, such as Televisions, AM or FM or Digital Radios, Walkie-Talkies, Amateur Radio/Transceivers, Citizen Band (CB) Radios/Scanners, and Remote Controlled Devices/Toys
- Network & Connecting Devices, such as Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) Devices
- Personal Appliances, such as Air Purifiers, Smokeless Cigarettes, and Electric Massagers
- Domestic Appliances, such as Kettles, Irons, Heaters, Hair Dryers, and Electrical Inverters/Converters